Position Title: Retail Buyer
About the Role
As a retail buyer, you will be responsible for planning, selecting, and purchasing quantities of goods and merchandise sold in retail stores. Source new and review existing goods to ensure our products remain competitive by specializing in African clothes, fashion accessories, and African antiques and deco.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will be :
• Liaising with existing suppliers and negotiating contracts.
• Sourcing and selecting new products through catalogs and by attending national and international trade fairs and events.
• Identifying and meeting suitable suppliers/manufacturers.
• Visiting fashion shows and trade fairs to look for new products.
• Negotiating prices, quantities, and delivery timescales.
• Producing reports and forecasts.
• Liaising with other employees about sales performances and reviewing what is and isn’t working.
• Monitoring market changes, competitor prices, and products.
• Analyzing past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying patterns.
• Recommending clearance sales and varying delivery schedules to help control stock levels.
• Presenting new ranges to retail managers.
• Working with the advertising department to present sales promotions.
• Provide all the needed information on products, their prices, and promotion.
• Handle all customer’s inquiries and requests.
• Prepare and present sales projections.
• Monitor product sales.
We’re Excited About You Because you have :
• Commercial acumen and a passion for the sector and its products.
• An understanding of what motivates customers to buy individual products.
• Confidence combined with negotiating, influencing, and networking skills.
• Creativity and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make significant decisions.
• Customer focus.
• Teamworking and leadership skills.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Why You’ll Love Working at Waridi :
• You will be part of a dynamic team in which there is a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement, but also where having fun and teamwork is very important.
• It’s a fast-paced environment that offers an exciting, challenging, and fulfilling career.
• Exposure to innovation: Working on new technologies and cutting-edge projects is exciting.
• You will work in a value-led organization where we care for each other, our team and provide what you need to excel in your work.
• A flexible work environment with a remote working culture
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org